Matching You with a Pre-Screened Smog Check Center You will Love
Free Online Smog Check Diagnosis
$500 Free Consumer Repair Assistance
Failed Emissions Test
How to Pass the Test
Who Else Wants To Pass the Smog Check
Need Registration Renewal?
    Forum > Consumer Assistance > Question

Join the community and post your questions. Ask-A-Tech right now!

Consumer Assistance

Bringing in Toyota Solora in from Canada.

I have 1999 Toyota solara that was manufactured in Canada and that I am bringing to Nevada. I need to know if it will meet the states emission standards and if not what conversions if any would have to be done and at what approximate cost.


Vehicles from other countries are less likely to meet U.S. specifications. If this particular Toyota Solora was not built to meet U.S. specifications it must be imported as a "gray market" vehicle. This can be extremely expensive and time consuming. If you are considering importing a foreign vehicle, you should review what the Department of Homeland Security, Customs and Border Protection (CBP) website regarding vehicle import, as the CBP controls which vehicles may be brought into the United States. The costs for a laboratory to modify and certify the emissions and safety equipment on a gray-market vehicle are considerable. You may also wish to contact the California Air Resources Board for its brochure on gray market vehicles. The ARB number to call is (800)242-4450.

posted by SmogTips Support 11-14-2011 10:36 AM

Related questions and answers you might find useful:

1999 ford F-150 by patrick on 01-20-2022 09:06 AM

Mini Cooper DMV Registration Due in 5 Day Won't Pass Smog by anne on 10-06-2021 02:32 PM

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo with K&N Air Filter by David on 09-30-2021 11:34 AM

1995 BMW M3 Gross Polluter High HC & NO @ 15MPH by Jared on 09-27-2021 08:56 AM

Missing Emission Sticker Caused Smog Check Failure? by Michael on 09-24-2021 04:05 AM