OBD II Trouble Code P0102 - Mass Air Flow (MAF) Circuit Low Input
Trouble code P0102 indicates there is Kia Sephia's Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor is sending a lower than expected voltage signal to the ECU (engine control unit). The fault could be within the MAF sensor itself or the MAF sensor circuit (MAF sensor wiring, harness, ect.).
Possible problems are:
- Disconnected MAF wiring
- Defective MAF wiring
- Dirty Mass Air Flow Sensor Element
- Faulty Mass Air Flow Sensor
Possible required repairs:
- Make sure MAF sensor is connected properly
- Make sure MAF sensor wiring is not faulty
- Inspect for a dirty MAF element
- Check for proper voltage at the MAF sensor. Output at idle is usually 0.4 to 0.8 volts increasing up to 4.5 to 5.0 volts at wide open.
- Replace the MAF sensor