Matching You with a Pre-Screened Smog Check Center You will Love
Free Online Smog Check Diagnosis
$500 Free Consumer Repair Assistance
Failed Emissions Test
How to Pass the Test
Who Else Wants To Pass the Smog Check
Need Registration Renewal?
    Forum > Consumer Assistance > Question

Join the community and post your questions. Ask-A-Tech right now!

Consumer Assistance

1993 Honda Accord Consumer Car Buy Back Program

I have a Honda Accord 1993 and I was wonder if I were to retire the car through the government what are the steps I need to take. Also the problem I am facing is that this car is under my Aunts name even though it is my Family the drives the car. I was hopping that I could be able to use my family income instead of my aunts because we are the one that buys insurance for the car and my aunt forgot that she even had this car. She has her own thing going on regarding low income and other programs that she is in so I was hopping that we could use my family's instead. I was wondering what is the best course to take in this situation. Please respond soon. Thank You.


You'll need have your aunt apply for the Vehicle Buy Back program. The CAP program only applies to the vehicle's registered owner. The income verification will have to be that of this 1993 Honda Accord owner.

posted by SmogTips Support 03-21-2013 11:52 AM

Related questions and answers you might find useful:

1999 ford F-150 by patrick on 01-20-2022 09:06 AM

Mini Cooper DMV Registration Due in 5 Day Won't Pass Smog by anne on 10-06-2021 02:32 PM

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo with K&N Air Filter by David on 09-30-2021 11:34 AM

1995 BMW M3 Gross Polluter High HC & NO @ 15MPH by Jared on 09-27-2021 08:56 AM

Missing Emission Sticker Caused Smog Check Failure? by Michael on 09-24-2021 04:05 AM