Matching You with a Pre-Screened Smog Check Center You will Love
Free Online Smog Check Diagnosis
$500 Free Consumer Repair Assistance
Failed Emissions Test
How to Pass the Test
Who Else Wants To Pass the Smog Check
Which Type Should I Choose?
    Forum > Out of State Vehicle > Question

Join the community and post your questions. Ask-A-Tech right now!

Out of State Vehicle

2002 Honda Accord EX California DMV Registration Extension

If my grandmother died and left her car to me in her will and she lived in Nevada & me California is it possible for me to get an extension on the smog check for California registration because I don't have the money to pay the fees. Please respond ASAP thanks.


You can only get a vehicle registration extension after paying the registration fees. Typically registration extensions are given to vehicle owners having trouble getting through the smog check or need a CHP inspection (or the like), whether financial difficulties or emission problems with the vehicle.

In this case I'm afraid the only way to get a DMV extension for this 2002 Honda Accord will be after paying the registration fee. Also, keep in mind, the DMV is now charging a fee for registration extension.

posted by SmogTips Support 05-15-2014 11:01 PM

Related questions and answers you might find useful:

How Do I Get a Smog Check Waiver? by Margaret on 05-27-2022 07:58 PM

Do I Need a Smog Check This Year? by Joy on 04-05-2022 10:18 AM

Mini Cooper DMV Registration Due in 5 Day Won't Pass Smog by anne on 10-06-2021 02:32 PM

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo with K&N Air Filter by David on 09-30-2021 11:34 AM

1995 BMW M3 Gross Polluter High HC & NO @ 15MPH by Jared on 09-27-2021 08:56 AM