Matching You with a Pre-Screened Smog Check Center You will Love
Free Online Smog Check Diagnosis
$500 Free Consumer Repair Assistance
Failed Emissions Test
How to Pass the Test
Who Else Wants To Pass the Smog Check
Need Registration Renewal?
    Forum > Consumer Assistance > Question

Join the community and post your questions. Ask-A-Tech right now!

Consumer Assistance

Retiring 1995 Honda Civic I Just Bought

My 1995 Honda Civic that I bought last month is not going to pass smog check. How long do I have to have it registered in my name before I can use your program? Also I used it last year is it ok to do it again now?




You are allowed to retire one vehicle per year to the State of California. The vehicle must be registered to you and you must have the vehicle's title in your name. The vehicle must not be in the process of a ownership change or title transfer.

In this specific case, it appears this 1995 Honda Civic is undergoing a title transfer. It is not eligible for the vehicle buy back program. You may however choose to retire it to a private vehicle dismantler.

posted by SmogTips Support 04-17-2015 12:23 AM

Related questions and answers you might find useful:

1999 ford F-150 by patrick on 01-20-2022 09:06 AM

Mini Cooper DMV Registration Due in 5 Day Won't Pass Smog by anne on 10-06-2021 02:32 PM

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo with K&N Air Filter by David on 09-30-2021 11:34 AM

1995 BMW M3 Gross Polluter High HC & NO @ 15MPH by Jared on 09-27-2021 08:56 AM

Missing Emission Sticker Caused Smog Check Failure? by Michael on 09-24-2021 04:05 AM