Hello Dan. The Motor Emissions Application Guides indicates a 1979 International Scout came equipped from the factory with the following emission components:
- PCV - Positive Crankcase Ventilation System
- ACL - Air Cleaner including Pre-Heat Tube
- AIS - Injection System (Smog Pump)
- EGR - Exhaust Gas Recirculation System
- EVAP - Evaporative System (Fuel Vapor Recovery)
- CAT - Catalytic Converter (Type OC Reduction)
If any of the system(s) listed above are missing from your Scout's engine or if they are tampered, the vehicle will not be able to pass the California smog check. All systems must be operational and the vehicle be able to pass the tailpipe test.